Students participate in a wide range of activities and experiences that are tailored to their developmental stage and interests. Throughout the early years, the emphasis is on enhancing learning experience, with a focus on play and early childhood development. We understand the importance of providing extracurricular activities and providing learning opportunities while keeping their well-being on priority. Our students participate in an ambitious curriculum sequentially throughout the early years to ensure progress toward the goals. Early childhood education has been designed to improve nutrition and hygiene as well as improve personal, social, emotional and cognitive development of the children.
We ensure that all learners in lessons should be:
- Engaged in suitable activities to acquire or consolidate concepts and skills which are appropriate for their age and abilities.
- Encouraged to read a range of texts and develop reading through activities like using puppets and props. They begin to explore the meaning of sounds, words and rhyming words.
- Develop eye, foot and hand coordination and focus on attention through their senses.
- Understand the importance of what is right and wrong, and why they need to consider the consequences of their words and actions.
- Develop an awareness of their own needs, views and feelings of others. They are to be taught to respect their own cultures and beliefs and those of other people.
- Learn about the essential food groups and the importance of healthy food in their lives.
Following subjects are introduced in phase 1 according to their age and class.